EASY SLOW COOKER SWEET PORK

Butter with A Side of Bread: Easy Slow Cooker Sweet Pork

This is one of my absolute favorite recipes and one that I make at least a couple of times a month!  It is sooo easy and delicious and you can serve it in a variety of ways.  One of favorite things about this recipe is that it makes enough to last for at least a couple of meals!  I have tried several different pork recipes (most of which require at least 6-7 ingredients), and while they have all been good, this one is honestly my favorite and it is the easiest too!
EASY SLOW COOKER SWEET PORK

1 boneless pork roast (about 2 lbs)
16 oz. jar salsa (2 cups)
1 cup brown sugar
Butter with A Side of Bread: Easy Slow Cooker Sweet Pork
Mix the salsa and brown sugar together.
Butter with A Side of Bread: Easy Slow Cooker Sweet Pork

Place the roast in a slow cooker and then pour the salsa/brown sugar mixture on top.

Butter with A Side of Bread: Easy Slow Cooker Sweet Pork

Cook on low for about 7-8 hours or high for about 4-5 hours.  At this point, the roast should be tender enough that you can pull it all apart with a fork very easily.  You can serve it immediately at this point, but if you have time, let it cook on low for another hour or two before serving.

Butter with A Side of Bread: Easy Slow Cooker Sweet Pork

Serve the pork however you choose – I usually use it to make salads and burritos, and sometimes we just eat it served over rice.  Enjoy!

If you have too many recipes to count and looking for a little personalization to show off your creative side, Shutterfly has recipe books perfect for all your family recipes!

Butter with A Side of Bread: Easy Slow Cooker Sweet Pork

Comments

This looks really scrumptious! I love how simple it is, and what&#39;s not good when using salsa and brown sugar??! I may have to ty this out very soon. :)<br />Blessings,<br />Leslie

I love how simple this is! Thanks so much for bringing it to our Weekend Potluck party! Don&#39;t forget, if you want us to be able to feature you and pin your recipes, then we need you to pretty please link back to our party! Thanks a million!<br />Hugs, Tonya from 4 little Fergusons

What a great dish this would be to bring to a potluck. I would also love to keep leftovers in the freezer because there is so much you could so with it. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures.

Wow, I&#39;m going to try this soon – it looks so easy! That&#39;s definitely a plus! :) Pinned &amp; following you via GFC. <br /><br />~Steph @ Silver Boxes

I was an original customer of the first (St. George, UT) location of Cafe&#39; Rio… under the original founder. After I had their sweet pork I just HAD to try to recreate it. My recipe is pretty much yours except that I use a big can of red enchilada sauce rather than salsa. We serve the pork very much like Cafe&#39; Rio does their &quot;founder&#39;s favorite enchilada style burrito&quot; –

6. Pam says

This is delicious! We had it with rice, perfect on its own! My husband wants pulled pork sandwiches for Father’s Day. Would this work well on buns? And do you have any suggestions for what to add as garnish? Fried onions maybe? Would cheese taste ok? I don’t really want to serve just plain buns and meat without yummy toppings. Any help would be appreciated! :)

• Jessica says

We love to top ours with coleslaw! Sounds a little odd but it’s SO GOOD. Cheese would be yummy too!