FIESTA RANCH CHICKEN PASTA SALAD

FIESTA RANCH CHICKEN PASTA SALAD: Butter with a Side of Bread

This is one of my favorite summertime meals because it doesn’t require the oven and it makes a huge batch which usually leaves us with enough leftovers to give me another night off from making dinner! This is also a perfect dish for taking to potluck dinners.  This dish is very versatile – you can add or subtract any veggies you want and it still turns out wonderfully each time.

Be Sure to Follow us on Pinterest!

Fiesta Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad
1 pkg. of pasta (rotini, bowtie, tri-colored, etc)
3 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced (I usually use a rotisserie chicken)
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 package frozen corn
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 can of olives, sliced
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 tomatoes, chopped
Cook pasta, drain and cool.  Add all of the other ingredients and then mix up the dressing.
Dressing:
2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup buttermilk
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Fiesta dip mix (I have had best luck finding this at Walmart)
Add dressing to the salad and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.  Right before serving, add in Frito corn chips to taste.  Enjoy!
FIESTA RANCH CHICKEN PASTA SALAD: Butter with a Side of Bread
FIESTA RANCH CHICKEN PASTA SALAD: Butter with a Side of Bread
FIESTA RANCH CHICKEN PASTA SALAD: Butter with a Side of Bread
FIESTA RANCH CHICKEN PASTA SALAD: Butter with a Side of Bread

Items used to create this recipe:

Comments

This response is for Peggy and Cole Long. I make my own Fiesta Dressing which can be as spicy or mild as you like. I mix 8 ounces of sour cream (regular or lite) with a jar of my favorite Salsa. I use mild. I use it on taco salads all the time and would probably use it for this recipe too.

Use salsa instead of ranch mix. Put the taco seasoning on the pasta and mix up, then add veggies. You can also use cumin in place of the taco seasoning if you want to cut back on procesed mixes

3. Deb Foster says

This looks absolutely yummy and so very colorful. I don’t see anywhere where it says to print out the recipe. Any suggestions? Thank you so much for you time! Looking forward to giving it a try!

4. Rosemary says

I need to make this for church supper for 40 people. How many people does this recipe serve?

Rosemary

• Nellie says

If this is being used as a side dish, it would probably be enough for 40 people. When I serve this as a main dish, it usually serves about 14-16 people.

5. Ashley says

I was wondering if i have to cook the beans and corn.
    And also, do i put the taco seasoning on the chicken when i cook it?

• Jessica says

Nope- you don’t have to cook the beans or the corn. Put the taco seasoning with the other dressing ingredients, then whisk it to combine. Then you just toss all the ingredients together and add Fritos to the top right before serving!

6. Kim says

Looking to make this for a 4th of July gathering tomorrow and getting groceries tonight. What size of box for the pasta? And what size package of frozen corn?

• Nellie says

I used a 12 oz box of pasta and I’m not sure exactly what size the corn package was, but I’m guessing between 10-16 oz. Sometimes I even use a can of corn instead, just make sure to drain well before adding to the salad. Enjoy!

7. Leslie says

Do you put the frozen corn in frozen or do you thaw? Also, has anyone used regular milk instead of the buttermilk? Thanks in advance!

• Nellie says

I just put the corn in frozen because I usually make it at least a couple hours in advance, but it thaws really quickly. I’ve never tried using regular milk but I think it would probably turn out just fine that way too…maybe a slightly different taste?

8. Kelly says

I think this will be a really tasty dish and am making it right now, but note to the author: it REALLY needs to be re-written with actual measurements and much better directions. I’m ok with winging it as that’s how I cook, but based on the virtual plethora of the same comments, many others need more instruction. And, based on the volume of ads on this page, I completely missed the ingredient list for the dressing. I’m also a bit skeptical as to why you need both taco seasoning AND fiesta ranch seasoning. Plus, you sprinkle the taco seasoning over the plain veggies and pasta??? Not in the dressing? Or season the meat with it? Nice blog but this could use a little editing. Thanks.

Trackbacks